Friday, March 28, 2014

The possibility of a return?!

I just submitted my application for a team leader position for Winter 2015. I can't believe where I am today thanks in great part to NCCC...I see this blog is still getting traffic? I'm curious who is viewing it still but if you're a potential applicant I will go on record as strongly recommending you take a risk and go! The quote of life beginning at the end of your comfort zone is so true...it's a tough experience but it's worth all the blood, sweat, and tears!  :)

Here's my motivational statement from my most recent application - hope my happiness and passion for the program comes across well and you will take the chance and apply!



"... those ten months were arguably the best of my life. I expanded my views of the world and was able to gain a deeper understanding of self. Before NCCC I didn’t have much self-confidence, and I definitely wouldn’t take charge of a group of people. By round five of my corps year I was confident enough to engage other volunteers... I gained so much self-confidence and happiness during my corps year I hope to go back and help others discover themselves through service. The biggest lesson I learned was that you can only help and discover yourself when you’re outside of your comfort zone and providing service for others, I hope to pass that bit of wisdom onto the next class of NCCC members while continuing to hone my own leadership skills. I also feel that NCCC erased preconceived notions I had of myself.... I truly believe that AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps set me on a more positive read to health and well-being and I hope to continue that journey forward with another service term."

I've omitted a good portion of it but you get the idea! :)

4 comments:

  1. did you Have a job or volunteer experience before the program?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I put on my resume some volunteer work I did with an Animal rescue group which probably didn't even add up to 10 hours...I had no job experience or anything before NCCC. If you're applying with little experience just make sure to highlight your enthusiasm and passion for service!

      Delete
  2. i applied as a corps member and i will be going to vinton iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me to update my blog! :) I'll be serving in Iowa also! My favorite place!

      Delete