Sunday, October 27, 2013

dun dun dun

The end of the year is coming, 17 days left! Insane. Although it's close we're still working hard...
The past week we have worked with Habitat For Humanity in Marquette in U.P. Michigan. It's been a cold process with many many nails. When we arrived there was only one standing wall and as of Friday the roof truses were up and styrofoam siding was being applied. It's amazing how fast something like a house comes together. We also had a chance to work in another home that was having plumbing and electric installed it was nice to see what the semi-final project will look like.
I'd also like to note that it has been snowing all week, literally every day! Insane..I'm from VA I'm not used to this!

Silver lining to this week:
I submitted my application to the AmeriCorps S/N program I want to do next year. I'm excited, and hopeful.
I'm excited to come home and start working in order to save for what I want to do in the future.

One more week of snow and hammering then debriefs and closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment