Saturday, March 2, 2013

CTI project overview

I really enjoyed our project! It was only 3 days about 8 hours a day. It was so fun yet fulfilling at the same time. The Science Center was a small center because their old facitility was ruined in the floods of 2008 but their spirit and determination more than made up for their lack of space.
While there we organized A LOT and packed A LOT of totes for their education program. Personally I researched ciriculum for the home schooled children, and also put together a packet of information on their programs they offer so that they could give teachers/schools a copy so they have an idea of what's available. I worked in the office with the manager a lot and I felt really good about it, she was so friendly and personable. I loved the experience and plan to return while performing ISPs in the future. It's just such a great experience, I'm so glad this was our first project. It really brought my team together. We felt each other out and saw how everyone else worked and how we interacted in a professional sense. We're by no means perfect but we're pretty close :)
I'll post some pictures later of the project..a lot of my jobs were packing totes, and behind a computer.
Everyone I've talked to has loved their sponser and their projects, this is the beginning to something amazing and I (along with the rest of the corps) cannot wait to continue on!


Photo: Love Michael!
Photo: At least 7 more in various places including a huge truck :(
saw a lot of vehicles like this, including a huge 18 wheeler...at least 20 cars/trucks in the ditch like that.





Oh and my team has a facebook fan page!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/NCCC-Oak-3/154310184727346

No comments:

Post a Comment