Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Explanation...

Okay my last post about my "plans for the future" was a little vague so I'll elaborate on it for a minute just because I'd like to explain it to you guys first off and also just so I have a place to refer back to if I ever find myself off the course I've chosen.
First off of course I need to finish this program I'm in...I'll be here until November 2013. After that I will be applying for the spring semester at JTCC, I've already filed financial aid information for the semester so hopefully that will all pan out in my favor. Also I've indicated my interest in work study so hopefully I could work around my schedule. At JTCC I plan to continue my general education classes. In addition to work study I'm planning applying for a state and national program which works with state parks in VA. I'd apply directly to the park I wanted, Pocahontas, and would work there for about 6 months I believe (I still have to look further into the details of that program before I make a commitment) and while working there I could also hold another job which I plan on looking into at the local YMCA camp which is close to my house AND school. After that I am going to apply for another Americorps NCCC term as a support team leader, STL, in either Vinton or Denver. Depending on the campus would determine WHEN I'd go. Depending on the summer schedule I could also take some classes over the summer possibily. After finishing my STL term I'd then go back to VA to work on my bachelors at VCU, I'm going for the bachelor of science in environmental studies. While going to school there I'd look into work opprotunities either in Chesterfield/Colonial heights area or Richmond area...
Doing other americorps programs such as state and national allow me to further network, especially in my local areas in fields of work I'm interested in and since we all know it's not necessarily WHAT you know opposed to WHO you know I'll have the best of both worlds. Also doing another term would give me an additional education award to go towards schooling. Also I'm sending out letters to several VA colleges about possibily doubling my education award. A lot of schools around the nation do it already so I figured no harm in asking and VCU is already aware of Americorps and what we do so I'm hoping by asking and sending a personal letter it'll persuade them to help me out a little bit.

Okay to sum up just so I can get it all out my head and on to a blog to hold myself responsibile...
  1. JTCC spring semester 2013
    1. work study
  2. Americorps State/National - parks and rec work at Pocahontas
    1. YMCA summer camp job
  3. STL in Denver or Vinton
    1. earn second edu. award.
  4. VCU for bachelors in environmental studies
  5. BE SUCCESSFUL IN EVERYTHING AND MOVE TO THE MIDWEST BECAUSE IT'S ALWAYS BEAUITUFL AND LOOKS LIKE A WINDOWS DESK TOP WITH ALL THE ROLLING HILLS

:) hope this answers any and all questions...it sure helped me to get it out but I'm sure I'll be posting more of this information just as my mind freaks out...it's still like 7 months away BUT I'm already paranoid and freaking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment