Wednesday, April 10, 2013

over half way there!

Almost finished with my first round project, such a weird idea! Feels like the days drag by - meal to meal however the weeks FLY by....the concept of time obviously is warped at camp. I still love it here though, part of me is looking forward to leaving while the other part wants to cling to the camp and never leave!
As far as work goes I've been doing a lot of different things! I've planed wood, split wood, painted (everything!), scraped paint off cabins, moved debris, and helped with rock climbing! Quite the varitiy of tasks to go around.
I really like helping with the rock climbing, it's nice to interact with different people - even if they're much yonuger (like 7th grades today) it's just nice to see different faces...not that I don't LOVE my team :)
Speaking of...my TL's mom found my blog the other day :P Alyssa ran up to me giggling about it, good thing I keep it all positive and upbeat for you guys, right?
It's really weird to think we're leaving soon, and we still don't know our next project! We find out on the 17th though! Priase! So excited....I'm not really anxious about it though like other people tend to be...figure there's nothing I can do about it anyway so why be anxious to find out.

For the next few weeks that we are here we have a lot planned (on weekends anyway)...this weekend we're doing ISP's all weekend. This weekend it's at the local petting zoo! It's not just any pettting zoo, it's an exotic petting zoo - like bears and tigers! The bears are famous and have been in movies...super excited....i still squeal whenever I see animals anywhere so when I get to pet them I'm probably going to cry!
Next weekend we're going to Louisville,KY. It's the kick off of the kentucky derby also apparently it's the biggest firework show east of the mississippi - so hopefully we get to see that..but even if we don't see fireworks there will be A LOT going on downtown that weekend :) Hopefully we get to see some cool stuff and maybe get some free stuff?! I love free stuff :) stipend life!
Then  the sunday after Louisville we're doing another ISP at a local art gallery. We're doing landscaping and just maintenance around their facility.

I'm not sure what the work schedule will be for the next couple weeks but it'll probably be interestnig..the weather around here is pretty simliar to VA. Today i was in the 70s but was REALLY humid....hmmm makes me think of home haha.

Sad to hear about some accidents and deaths at home, my thoughts are with you all...but also the birth of Shannon and Jon's new baby...such a sweet gift :) can't wait to come home and meet her!

ok i think that's it! time to finish up some paper work and enjoy sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment